Romance and history and mystery, oh my! Meet and chat with a panel of five local authors over refreshments in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Where do they get their ideas and inspiration? How do they ply their craft? How did they come to be writers, and what are they working on now?
Of course, there will be ample time to purchase signed copies of their works; a great way to stock up on your winter reading and take care of some of that holiday gift-giving!
Close Encounters of the Literary Kind
Meet Your Local Authors
Saturday, December 2, 2017, 1:00 to 3:00pm at the Van Zandt Community Hall, 4106 Valley Highway, Deming, Wash. (corner of Highway 9 and Potter Road).
- Susan Colleen Browne, weaver of Irish love stories and tales of farming
- Sean Dwyer, essayist, novelist, songwriter, translator
- Michael Impero, regional historian extraordinaire
- Jennifer Mueller, maven of mystery, romance, and suspense
- Janet Oakley, crafter of historical fiction both local and international
Host: Matthew Thuney, SFVCA Communication Coordinator, instructor, announcer, wedding officiant and freelance writer (author of Bucolia: Hijinx in the Hinterlands and Original Recipes: Tasty Tidbits from “Thuney Casserole” and Other Early Entrees).
Admission is free, refreshments provided, all are welcome (as are donations to assist with the upkeep and community outreach of the Van Zandt Community Hall).
Sponsored by: South Fork Valley Community Association (SFVCA).